Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Muzak

First off, do you like how plain and unassuming my blog is now? Pretty stupid.

So last week I was going through some old song files on my computer from when Zack and I first started fucking around and recording the results of our goofballism freshman year. I was surprised that there are a couple of workable songs in all that screaming and laughing. Prompted a discussion between Z and I about recording and arranging a few different versions of some of our songs.

Also have had discussions with Pete about our potential to really make each of our shows unique for the crowd and for ourselves. Not just through playing a solo differently or playing a different setlist, but just give a show a little extra something, whether it's a costume we wear or a song we make up on the spot or a little joke we pull or whatever. We both think this could create incentive for people to come to our show as well us keep us thinking about ways to push ourselves past the boundaries of the group a bit. Exciting stuff.

Anyway, very excited about the group's potential. ~2 months til a reunion show in February. I'm sure the 3 or 4 people actually reading this already know about it, or will shortly, but regardless they will be reading about it with increasing frequency in this space.

Enthusiastic goodbye.

1 comment:

Zack said...

man i am excited for that show!