Thursday, November 8, 2007

...er's Block

Can you guys guess what is even more fun that reading about someone who knows what they're doing and is on their game? Reading about someone who is suffering from severe creative block. In this particular blogger, this block manifests itself by allowing me to get an initial idea, then being 100% unable to expand upon that idea. For instance, I have like 5 or 6 beginnings of songs, little scraps, maybe 15-20 seconds each, which I like and would like to take somewhere. But for the life of my, I can't.

Being in the bottom of this ditch is characterized by me listening to a ton of music I like and being completely jealous and hopelessly wishing for things to turn my way, instead of taking some time to do something about it. I try to emulate that music and fail, and get more upset.

By the way, whenever I've tried to write something about having writer's block (as is my inclination when I have writer's block - write what you know, etc.), it has turned out miserably. So no go on that idea. Maybe I just need to get out in "the world" more and pay attention, see what I see, and try to translate that somehow.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: