Monday, September 24, 2007

The Real World Smells Like a Dentist's Office

At least, my office does. And it is not a dentist's office. Perhaps it's just my current issues with the modern business world. My argument boils down to the fact that the vast majority of office work is neither cool nor fun. I could make it a lot more complicated, and I do have more complex thoughts about it, but that's the nitty gritty of the argument. But maybe I'm wrong.

Defining intent and scope, because I can't help but think about this: I intend this page to be primarily for my own uses, to exercise my brain and my fingers, to actually Produce a Thing every day, to feel somewhat creatively satisfied when not writing songs. It is also an opportunity for some friends to read what I'm saying and continue to be impressed by my whimsical prose.

Now that my aims are clear, I can breathe a bit easier.

Reading back over this, I think I should be funnier when I write cuz this is fuckin' bleak and serious. LOOK HOW FUNNY.

No comments: