Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thinkin' about postin'

So I've been thinking about posting for the last couple days, trying to find an interesting lens through which to view the events in my life since Friday in order for me to feel like I'm contributing something unique to the ol' 'sphere. Blogo'. Well anyway, watched the first two seasons of Mr. Show on Friday. It's great how non-stop smart and funny they are, especially considering what passes for comedy on primetime television. That is a pretty boring thing to say about maybe the funniest show that's ever been on TV. Bob and David link to the right will lead you to what the Mr. Show dudes are currently up to.

Friday night was called by my bud Matt to go to an Arcade Fire show on short notice, down Mountain View way. They have made pretty good use of their fame, I'd say, overcoming the obvious obstacles of performing for a giant amphitheater though inventive stage and show design. I assume that it was pretty intimate to be in the front row, perhaps like enjoying a private concert with 13 or so of your best and most talented friends. But from way back on the grass area, where there is naturally very little intimacy, the private concert was replaced by an interesting light show and a beautifully ominous tableau which could not truly be appreciated from a "good" seat. This is a pretty poor description, and I'm sure I could do a good job of this if I were paying more attention. The question - should I come back and edit this, or just put it up and get on with my life because no one is reading this anyway.

Decision made.

No comments: