Monday, October 20, 2008

My Career!

This morning I am meeting with the career office at my old college to try to get my work life in order. What I expect from this meeting:

ME: So, this economy is pretty much boned, can you find a job that I like that requires my specific skill set?

THE LADY AT THE CAREER OFFICE: I hear there is an opening for Vomit-After-Too-Much-Free-Cheese Cleaner at the Whole Foods near you?

So those are pretty low expectations.

In all seriousness, though, I don't know what this woman is going to tell me, but I can only hope it's stuff that I haven't already been doing. That would be disheartening.

THE LADY AT THE CAREER OFFICE: Yeah your best bet is just to check craigslist like a fiend and apply for anything you're qualified for, and some stuff that you're not.

ME: (Aside) Dammit.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: