Monday, October 27, 2008

TGIM

You heard me right. It's Monday, and Thank God It's. The last week of this Month of our Lord October. Every day is like Friday when you don't have a job, except you don't get paid every day like you do on Friday, if you get paid every week, and payday is Friday.

Got this house party coming up on Friday, then we have to get ready real quick for our real show in 2.5 weeks.

This bores me, plus I've already said it in the blog.

I was thinking that the blog might be the ideal form for me since I rarely have any creative ideas that last more than a couple paragraphs before I don't know where to take them anymore. I've finished one short story in the last 3 years, and it's 4.5 pages long. I think writing songs suits me better, cuz there's only like 3 or 4 minutes to worry about then it's over. It's a more manageable length of time. I don't understand how people write novels.

Only about 100 pages left in Moby-Dick, or The Whale. Just leafing through and looking at some of the chapter titles, it's looking like Melville is trying to get all the exposition in before getting to the final actions. It's actually really exciting to read, like he wants to include all this informational stuff about whaling but he is growing a bit impatient himself and wants to reach his glorious encounter.

Another thing that might stop people from reading the book is this: Not too much happens, but it's very long. Thus, the language to describe the action must be very dense. It's intimidating. It's not like The Old Man and the Sea, where not a lot happens and it's not very long, and the language is very direct. It's very easy to lose yourself while reading Moby-Dick, and, in thinking about a certain sentence, completely gloss over a page before you realize you haven't processed what you've read. An altogether interesting reading experience.

This post (not funny) was brought to you by a bored unemployed man.

No comments: